First Key / Assistant Manager
Location: Markville Mall, Markham, ON
Part Time / Full Time: FULL TIME
QE Home | Quilts Etc. is a designer bedding retailer with over 75 stores across Canada, and a fast-growing e-commerce business. Proudly Canadian and family-owned since 1992, we are passionate about providing customers with beautiful, affordable, comfortable, and eco-friendly bedding solutions — crafted in house by our design team — along with exceptional and knowledgeable customer service and care.
At our Markville Mall location, we want to provide our customers with a seamless shopping experience. Whether they’re looking for stylish designer linens and accessories, blissfully soft luxury sheet sets, or a temperature-regulating mulberry silk duvet, we’re happy to assist our guests in-store, over the phone, or online.
Are you passionate about home décor and fashion? Do you possess a successful sales background and supervisory experience, and would love to combine your skills into your career? If that sounds like you, we’d love to meet!
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Manager is to help drive the business, assist in overseeing store operations, and human resources functions within your location. Other responsibilities include helping to ensure the assigned contribution, sales goals, and all other store activities are achieved.
We at QE Home are committed to socially responsible business practices. By prioritizing sustainable practices, exercising social responsibility, and ensuring ethical conduct, we’re creating products that aren’t just better for people – they’re better for the planet, too.
We expect all employees to support and aid QE Home in continuing our transition towards environmental and social responsibility in every area of the business. Focusing on minimizing waste and participating in environmental initiatives aimed at achieving our sustainability goals will aid QE Home in being the best corporate citizen it can be.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- To maximize the sales and profitability of the store by achieving and surpassing forecasted sales, productivity and shrink goals
- Help to create a store environment which reflects the company philosophy of exceptional customer service
- Assist in recruiting, training and developing the team
- To maintain the day-to-day operations of the store, and constantly monitor results compared to operating budgets
Skills & Qualifications
- Four years retail sales experience, with a minimum of two years in a supervisory capacity
- Demonstrated success in driving sales and building customer loyalty
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Time management and organizational skills
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Scheduling
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- On-line training
- Excellent Support System
- Staff Discount Program
How to Apply
(1) Visit our Markville Mall in-person with your résumé
(2) Send your résumé to email@example.com
Please use "Join the Team: Markville Mall - First Key / Assistant Manager" in your subject line to let us know which position you're applying for.
At QE Home we know that great talent comes in many forms, and we want to meet people at their best. Upon request, we will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants at any time throughout the recruitment and selection process.
QE Home is committed to providing its employees with a work environment free of discrimination, and will at all times, act in accordance with applicable Human Rights legislation and principles.