I have wanted a weighted blanket for quite some time to relieve anxiety and calm me down. My boyfriend got me this as a gift and it’s absolutly perfect. I got the 12 pound one and it’s a very comfortable yet weighted feeling. I like how the cover is not too warm because I over heat easily when I sleep.
- Deep touch pressure simulation mimics the sensation of being held or hugged to decrease stress.
- May help with insomnia, anxiety, restlessness, ADD/ADHD, and related issues.
- Machine washable and dryable cover.
Weighted blankets offer deep touch pressure simulation, which provides the sensation of being hugged. Their use has been shown to increase serotonin and melatonin levels, while decreasing cortisol, in order to promote relaxation and groundedness in those with insomnia, anxiety, restlessness, ADD/ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, and other related issues. It can be used several ways: to cover the body while sleeping, wrapped around shoulders while sitting, or laid across the lap or legs.
Our Weighted Blankets come in two sizes -- 15 lbs / 54" x 72" and 20 lbs / 60" x 80". They have a highly breathable natural 100% cotton shell, which is washable, and filled with hypoallergenic glass microspheres. Additionally, the blankets feature twill ties on the corners to securely anchor the blanket to the cover.
For more information about Weighted Blankets, please visit our blog post.
- For optimal, safe use, Weighted Blanket should be no more than 7-12% percent of user's body weight.
- Recommended minimum age is 3 years old
- Blanket should never be placed above the shoulders or over the head while sleeping
- Never use a Weighted Blanket to restrain a person.
- Shell and cover: 200 thread count 100% cotton
- Fill: micro glass beads with polyester fill
- 15lbs / 54" x 72"
- 20lbs / 60" x 80"
Cotton blanket cover: Machine wash and tumble dry on regular settings. Iron as needed. Do not bleach. Do not dry clean.
Weighted Blanket insert: Machine wash delicate and hang to dry. Do not bleach. Do not dry clean.