Made with over 150 layers of silk floss webbing, our Contessa Mulberry Silk Duvet is designed for all-seasons! This duvet provides the perfect degree of warmth while adding a little more weight on your body than our lighter Pearl Mulberry Silk Duvet. The luxuriously soft, 400 thread count cotton jacquard shell is box-stitched to secure the silk floss in place and ensure total comfort.
All our silk duvets are made leveraging the traditional methods used for centuries in China. The result? An even fill and a beautiful, soft drape that contours the body. As one of the strongest natural fibers in the world, silk makes for an incredibly durable and long-lasting duvet. Plus, silk is naturally hypoallergenic and highly resistant to dust mites and bacteria. Finally, silk possesses exceptional temperature regulating properties — it keeps warm sleepers cool and cool sleepers warm! So a silk duvet is a great choice for those who share a bed, but prefer different sleeping temperatures.
Have questions about this duvet or need helping finding your perfect fit? Book a free virtual consultation here!
** For health reasons, duvets are final sale.
Features & Benefits:
- Ideal for all-seasons
- 350 GSM* medium weight silk duvet
- 100% Mulberry silk fill, 50% Grade A long strand and 50% Grade B short strand fibres
- Luxurious 400 thread count, 100% cotton jacquard shell
- Zippered pocket opening to ensure the quality of the silk fill
- 8 anchor loops to secure a duvet in place (twin: 6 anchor loops)
- Double piped bound edges
- OEKO-TEX® Certified
*GSM denotes the weight of a textile, and refers to Grams per Square Meter. For our duvets, GSM describes the weight of the filling and does not take into account the weight of the shell.
SIZES AVAILABLE (IN-STORES & ONLINE):
Each item is sold individually (one per package).
- Twin: 62" W x 88" L - 43 oz fill
- Double: 78" W x 88" L - 55 oz fill
- Queen: 90" W x 90" L - 65 oz fill
- King: 106" W x 90" L - 76 oz fill
- Super King: 114" W x 93" L - 85 oz fill
- Shell: 100% cotton, 400 thread count Jacquard
- Fill: 100% Mulberry silk floss; 50% Grade A long strand and 50% Grade B short strand fibres
- Box stitch construction
This product has been verified in an independent laboratory and tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® Certification number: SHHO 077115 TESTEX
When used with a cover, your duvet will almost never need cleaning. Spot clean spills with a clean, damp cloth. If spillage has penetrated through to the silk floss, delicately hand wash affected area using lukewarm water and a small drop of Woolite or comparable, then rinse thoroughly using cold water.
Sun cure your duvet once per year by hanging it in direct sunlight for one to two hours. Because silk has the ability to absorb moisture, this process will dry it out, making it fluffy and lighter, and improving its insulating properties.
If professional cleaning is necessary, wet cleaning is recommended.